New game from Azerbaijan on Steam!

Started by
37 comments, last by EmilAbbasov 2 years, 8 months ago

EmilAbbasov said:
They are reflecting our reality

I would genuinely like to see real life examples of the signs. Specifically the placement so close to the road. Please?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Advertisement

@fleabay

And about text a little bit off center - we have two letters - İ and I
This little dot is the main reason of this asymmetry

fleabay said:
I would genuinely like to see real life examples of the signs. Specifically the placement so close to the road. Please?

After all that fuzz about... signs, i don't think you should send out offending PMs to others just because discussions slip off topic, Mr. self appointed forum police man. >:/

If it helps, i have education to be official sign maker, and i did not spot anything wrong, neither on first watch nor after following the discussion. I did spot the bridge on first watch though, but mainly the island beside, which feels too circular so pops out. If smooth water transition does not work well, i would place some rocks on the sore around it. But that's all minor issues ofc.

Looking forward the game. Like shooters and also the mystery ‘zone’ setting.

@undefined thanks for response

We mainly took inspiration from Mist movie and a little bit from Silent Hill

JoeJ said:
I did spot the bridge on first watch though, but mainly the island beside, which feels too circular so pops out. If smooth water transition does not work well, i would place some rocks on the sore around it. But that's all minor issues ofc.

I noticed the island too. But considered it to be less important than the floating bridge. Apart from it, i considered it something expensive to fix. So i did not mention it. I have seen other things that could be improved too, but i don't want to mention them, because IMO they depend too much of money. But your idea with the rocks looks cheap actually. For some reason, i first thought about expensive water simulation or effects. But now i see your idea of the rocks is cheap and would help. Some more grass too?

Regular developers have to manage to do miracles with their limited budgets. I would be an asshole if i demand from indie devs to include advanced hairworks(i say hairworks just as an example) in their games….

NikiTo said:
Regular developers have to manage to do miracles with their limited budgets.

Actually Epic does a lot to help here. Free Quixel assets, free Meta Humans, lots of content without adding cost if using their engine.

But it's not all that awesome as it seems. Photogrammetry modules are hard to compose to make non repetive and natural landscapes. Meta Humans lack customization options (can not really change face so they all look like from the same family, can't shape the body at all, no nude version just 3 sets of clothings). Still worth a look, knowing you do some character modeling. It's a cloud app, so you create in browser, and after that i think you could download model in fbx or Maya format, not only UE asset (not sure). Probably no need to install UE, but Epic account is necessary.

JoeJ said:
After all that fuzz about... signs, i don't think you should send out offending PMs to others just because discussions slip off topic, Mr. self appointed forum police man. >:/

I've never sent you PMs over topics going off topic. Offending or otherwise.

Maybe you should learn to read?

Also, if you have a problem with something I say, maybe you should bring it up at the time it was said, instead of trying to weaponize it at a later date.

fleabay said:
I've never sent you PMs over topics going off topic. Offending or otherwise. Maybe you should learn to read?

Quote:

Why do you continuously encourage the windbag to post nonsense? Is it a game?

‘Learn to read’, ‘windbag’ and ‘nonsense’. I do not need a translator to classify all of this offending. Maybe you should learn some attitude. Though, personally i can well deal with it - no problem. I just think you are not in the position to point with fingers.

JoeJ said:
‘Learn to read’, ‘windbag’ and ‘nonsense’. I do not need a translator to classify all of this offending.

What the hell does any of that have to do with what you originally replied to me?

If you are personally offended that I asked you why you were encouraging a certain member to post nonsense (last week, different topic), that has nothing to do with this thread at all.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but that is no reason to trash this thread. I have no choice but to defend myself but you do have a choice to continue posting your little temper tantrum.

I'm not personally offended and did not say i would be. Being straight or even rude is better than playing the nice guy IMO.
I think you tend to act offending to others quite often, which then is just as pointless as talking irrelevant nonsense or playing some games of mind, even if it takes less lines of text.

There should be no reason to thrash any threads, and still it happens. Agree to that, and maybe it's a problem. My point is: You are just as guilty about this as i am, and still you accuse me to ‘encourage’ - while you're ok with your own rude tone spreading over many posts, or your own nitpicking about off topic street signs here. Due to the latter point, i brought it up in this thread - sorry for taking that opportunity.

I have no choice but to defend myself

I don't know what ‘temper tantrum’ is, but this kind of ‘having no choice but…’ is the same cause as my so called ‘encouragement to post nonsense’. I guess you can agree on that.
As this is all personal opinion and noise, we should have cleared up this in private. But you did not further respond after getting rid of your rant, so i did not had a choice either. It's also about defending friends so kept bothering me, in case you really care about my feelings.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement