🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Ideas 2: Public Game Project Voting Thread

Started by
8 comments, last by Sha])ow 24 years ago
Ok, here''s the deal: Just post a reply as to what YOU want the project to be. RPG? FPS? RTS? You decide. Cast your vote here, or email me, or Corfe. Remember to watch for updated on the corresponding thread, Game Ideas 2: Public Game Project. Thanks Shadow(audette@nrtco.net) ICQ# 29204573
Shadow(audette@nrtco.net)ICQ# 29204573
Advertisement
I vote for a Strategy game with some RPG elements OR an RPG with Strategic battles. Some sort of hybrid like that. I would like to say right here and now that I cast my vote against any DM-type FPS, it would be too hard and the likes of Quake, Half-Life, and UT are 100x better and more played than anything we will ever create.

So everyone else, get voting!

Corfe (corfe@columbus.rr.com)
ICQ# 33337046
here''s an e-mail I sent to Corfe:

TITLE: "Fernando: Banana Commando"
GENRE: Action/Adventure
PLATFORM(S): Windows ''9x+
APIs: Win32, DirectX (d3d, dsound, dinput, dmusic), Glide (possibly), OpenGL (possibly)

the main character is a banana with arms, legs, afro, machine gun, er some sort of gun, and a jet pack. if Steve Martin (The Jerk, Naked Gun, ect.) mad a game about a commando or james bond type character, it would be like this.

the storyline isn''t all that important yet, so I''m gonna focus on what the gameplay will be like:

-3D sidescrolling (like in crash bandicoot)
-key combinations for special moves (like in mortal kombat)
-jumping, running, walking, climbing, and flying (jet pack) through
(perhaps) the whole game, and occasional swimming (no breath meter)
-portals to move around to different areas of the level (like mario)
-many weapons earned by defeating special characters (like megaman).. however the characters will be reached through special portals in the levels.
-RPGish, element based weapon system and hitpoint system.
-large.. no HUGE bosses like marshmellow man (heck, marshmellow man could be a boss) I want the player to *have* to use his jetpack on the bosses..
-the control system will allow the user to have a *lot* of power, greatly increasing the fun factor.. but the bad guys have to provoke the user to increase skills and knowledge of controling Fernando.

mm.. maybe I''ll continue later. tell me what you think, coz I want to hurry up and write the design doc (I''ll be going to Utah on Tuesday.. I could write the doc while I''m on the plane if we get things worked out in time)

-qbasicman
I sent these 2 to Corfe. I''d vote for the 2nd idea, a RTS game, or a RTS game that u can control any of the units in First person.

Public Game Idea #1-
Genre: Hybrid- RPG, FPS(RTS can be added in too)

The game is centred around being a gunman for various jobs. You will start out with a small knife and your first job will be to get a gun of any sort. The world would be populated with places. You could go to a gun store, and get all your ID stuff checked out and you would have to pay lots of money, you could kill the shop owner, take whatever you want, you could try to find a illegal gun salesman and buy something good from him, or kill him and take whatever he has, etc.
You meet a crime leader on time going outside, and he asks you to join him, or "he" will kill you. So having no choice, you join him. He gives out orders on jobs and such, and sometimes you get to have some other people that work for him come with you to help you with your dirty work. As you kill more people, rob more places, destroy more things, you gain experince. This experince is automatically divided according to how much you used these skills: Accuracy, Strength, Speed, Intellegience, and your special skills.
Accuracy is the measure of how accurate your aim is. The higher accuracy you have, the better you can use smaller guns at long range. You can not easily use a sniper rifle with a accuracy rating of 2 for example...
Strength is the measure of how much you can edure and how strong you are. If you have a very high strength rating, you could pick up guys and throw them as items easily. But when you start out, your strength is small and you can''t pick up heavier objects. Strength would have visual appearance change too, making you look more muscular.
Speed is how fast you can move around and run.
Intellegience is a akward skill. It has no visual change, and nothing you can notice easily. The intellegience skill kind of is a overall measure of everything. It is like a multiplier for all the other skills. If you have a lot of intellegience, you learn that you need to aim to the left a little with a particualr gun, and you get a accuracy bounus.
The special skills range from lock-picking, demolition, sniping, spying, gunning, driving, etc. They need to be all explained in detail

The overall setting of the game is Earth, in a futuristic setting, and centers in a big crime area. Gameplay takes place indoors and outdoors. There could be high speed dune buggy chases, where you have to capture someone who didn''t pay the Boss.

Public Game Idea #2-
Genre: Hybrid- RPG and FPS

You are a special government agent. Your mission is to stop the corruption in the military and government offices of the world. At this time, the world is a single nation, and all the "countrys" are now states. The world is led by officals from each state. There used to be no president or king, but a few officals from one state have become stronger than the rest. They have started corrupting the peace on Earth by starting civil wars, gangs, riots, and other things. The gov. agency you work for is called the Department of Security, in a small group of people that wish to stop corruption. All the people of the world except you, the few people of the Dep. of Security, and the state''s officals don''t know what is going on. It is unknown who these strong people are, and it is up to you to find out and report them to the world. The state will probably try to silence you, so it may become that you will have to kill the officals in order to stop this. The game will take place in many parts of the world, like Chicago, Miami, Moscow, London, Hong Kong, and other places in search of finding the corruption.
The RPG part comes in that you will have a small team of specialits along with you on some missions. There will be stats: Money and (insert other stats in here)The money you will gain by picking it up from dead people., stealing it, etc. The (insert stats descriptions here).

||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
http://pub16.ezboard.com/bpublicgameprojectpgp
THE OFFICAL Public Game Project MESSAGE BOARD
:D
Have fun!

||--------------------------||Black Hole Productionshttp://bhp.nydus.netResident expert on stuffmax621@barrysworld.com||--------------------------||
Heh, I like RPGs (doesn''t the name Darkmage already give that away?!). Of course, Third Person Shooters are good too.

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
Third person shooters as in Lara Croft 3rd person? That was crap.. bad camera, etc. etc. Its hard to create a good 3rd person camera. Plus auto aim..what the hell was that?

One bad game doesn''t make a whole medium bad. Play any of the Armored Core series on PSX. 3rd person shooter, very VERY tight handling (when you have the good parts, that is...)
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Well, you asked WHAT kind of game we would like to create. I would like to make a RPG game like Ultima 7, not one of these hack&slash RPGs like Diablo...if you think you''re doing such a game, I would join at once

Yours,

Indeterminatus
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
I''m very sorry, but I found another game project, and it sounded VERY good...sorry, but I found work there...

Indeterminatus
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement