Anybody having trouble with XFree86 4.0 and TNT2 OpenGL?

Started by
2 comments, last by shamen 24 years, 1 month ago
Well i took the plunge.. installed Linux Mandrake 7.0, upgraded to XFree86 4.0 and installed the troublesome NVidia drivers (0.093) for my TNT2. Got kdevelop installed and ported all my code from windows. Linux is now my platform of choice! However. I noticed a few problems. glTexSubImage2D doesnt seem to do anything (works fine on win32). Anyone else having this problem? ie is it a driver problem, or is there some subtle difference between the mesa and microsoft implementations? Also, i''ve sussed out how to create windows, etc using xlib but does anyone know how to get a fullscreen mode working (ie actually switching the resolution in game)? Thanks, Rich.
Advertisement
On the .91 drivers glTexSubImage2D works fine.

About the fullscreen mode: I don''t think this is easy from within X. Maybe you could emulate ctrl-alt-+/- until you find what you want. But then it works for XFree86, but not on other X servers. If you ever find the answer, I would like to hear abou t it. I''m facing the same problem.

DaBit.

Dabit, thanks for replying, i was beginning to think this was a dead forum.

I think i''ve found the answer to how to get a fullscreen mode running (see my other post on resolution change). I''ll gladly let you have the code when i get it up and running.

I''m still mystified on the glTexSubImage2d business though. Reading the FAQ for 0.93, it explicitly says its fixed a problem with this. I''ve fired off a question to nvidia. Maybe they will understand whats going on.

shamen.
Once again i''m answering my own post, but thought it might be useful for anyone else having the same trouble.

It seems that my glTexSubImage2D problem is because i am using a width or height of 1 in which case nothing is displayed. If i use > 1 everything works fine.
As i understand it, i should be able to use this. I have reported the problem to nvidia, so we''ll see if they concur.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement