linux nehe tutorials

Started by
0 comments, last by Saai 24 years, 1 month ago
im using gnome 1.2 and enlightenment 0.16.4 on a p3 616mhz 128mb ram, i dont know my mesa version or my X windows version (3.3.x?) today i decided to venture into the realm of 3d for the first time, on linux and opengl of course i started with nehe''s tutorials, and downloaded the source to linux version of lesson 1. when i run it, or any of the tutorial sources up through lesson 5, i have a small prblem. when the program tries to go fullscreen, it simply makes a window the size of my desktop (1600x1200), which makes opengl REALLY slow. if i take out the glutFullscreen() call, it makes a windown on my desktop that is 640x480 pixels. (which is ok, since i set the graphics mode before that for 640 res) im wondering, how do i get opengl to run full screen without a window around it? just thinking.. is it possible to have a opengl app outside of xwindows? and how? thanks, saai
Advertisement
Check the post about changing resolution in X.

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement