Loading a BMP file into an array on Freepascal+svgalib under Linux

Started by
7 comments, last by Torn 24 years, 1 month ago
Can anyone help me with the subject?
Noone`s perfect
Advertisement
In reality this is Freepascal + svgalib.
Maybe this is a lame problem, but I`ve gotta solve it!
Noone`s perfect
1) I can''t write pascal
2) BMP is a format, you should know pascal and ask for the filespecs
quote: Original post by Jrz

1) I can''t write pascal
2) BMP is a format, you should know pascal and ask for the filespecs

OK.People!!!I need some help with BMP format!Who can help me with writing a unit that loads BMPs?!Or with BMP filespecs?
P.S.You didn`t get it.I have problems with understanding some filespecs
I got already.This is the very first time I work with graphical formats.
Noone`s perfect
Look at Wotsit.org for file specifications.
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
search at msdn.microsoft.com

You should find info about the BMP format...
People!!You gotta read more carefully!I already got all the filespecs from the wotsit.org!But I too stupid to understand those..
Noone`s perfect
Torn,

Though I once knew Turbo Pascal, I no longer can remember the syntax. In any case, I''m currently writing up an email for you to better understand it. It''s really simple, once you''ve gotten the gist of the matter. I''ll have that sent soon enough.

Pythius
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
Basicly, what you have to do is read the header of the GFX file in a Type that holds the value according to the specs sheet. Once the header is read, what''s left of the file will be your GFX. you can then just read the data and store in your array...

Cyberdrek
Headhunter Soft
DLC Multimedia
[Cyberdrek | ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement