🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Hunt for graphical techniques

Started by
-1 comments, last by Crix 23 years, 7 months ago
Yesterday I´ve just taken a look at ahw ´s posting "Mini contest : texture making" and I was rather shocked (maybe that´s not the word) - Such nice textures (structures) created with such few steps!!! I must say I´ve created some pics myself, but I always thought, that it was too much work for too little effect. I have heard about the "argument": "Don´t use filters or you´re not a real artist !" or "Guys who don´t use filters are idiots!" and so on. I agree with ahw who recently posted: "Use filters if you need them. If you don´t need them, don´t use them !" And I especially had to agree with him after I saw his work. And I think that every piece of art (if it looks nice) has enough artistic work in it, whether it´s made w/ or w/o the use of filters, and is worth to get honored. :D So, to get this posting to the point: I would be pleased if you use this thread as an exchange area for special graphical techniques . I suppose that I´m not the only one who wants to learn more of this cool stuff from the graphic gods!! PS.: Please excuse my bad English - I´m German. Edited by - Crix on 11/28/00 12:54:52 PM
-Crix

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement