Advertisement

Where do you want to go today?

Started by February 25, 2001 03:00 AM
2 comments, last by Andrew Russell 23 years, 6 months ago
I have had an idea realating to randomly generated worlds. My idea is this: The game has a random generator advanced enough to create all charcters, buildings, landscape, etc. Your player starts a game, you let your player chose what kind of setting they would like (egyption, old-england, medival, acient china, whatever) An extention to this idea would be that the players could make up their own setting (including magic, weaponary, buildings, gods, etc). This would allow the player to play any kind of setting that they like, or that the designers left out a preset for. (the game would have to balance it, so if the player increases the magic level, both the player AND the NPCs get more magic) This could take extra programing work, but I believe that it would be well worth it. At the moment, I am not asking any specific questions, but I am intrested to hear your input, ideas, advice, comments, addititons, oppinions, etc. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Visit Tiberia: it''s bigger, it''s badder, it''s pouyer...
The problem with that, is where do you fit the game?

Sure, you can make a lot of stuff... but what is there for the player to do? It''s nearly impossible to randomly generate a game as well as the game content.

------------------------------------------

If you assume there is only one path to a goal, then you have only found the path to failure.
------------------------------------------If you assume there is only one path to a goal, then you have only found the path to failure.
Advertisement
quote: Original post by Nova Z
If you assume there is only one path to a goal, then you have only found the path to failure.

Ummn... prehaps you should read your siggy.. I didn''t notice that at first, but it sticks out very much now...

ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Visit Tiberia: it''s bigger, it''s badder, it''s pouyer...
Interesting. Its viable, take for instance Diablo or D2''s random generator....it always has a theme, and *some* things always have to be the same(Relative Waypoint Locations) but its mainly random.

-Ryan "Run_The_Shadows"
-Run_The_Shadows@excite.com
"Doubt Everything. Find your own light." -Dying words of Gautama

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement