🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Quake2 .md2 format question.

Started by
1 comment, last by Jonathan 23 years, 1 month ago
Does anyone know if there is any information in the Quake2 .md2 model format that tells the game where to place the weapon in relation to the rest of the model? I''m working on a converter for .md2 files for use in Radon Labs'' Nebula Device, and looking for a good way to get the weapons on those things. Thanks, Jonathan
Advertisement
I assume that your question is more about how to design the model itself than about the structure of the MD2 format. If so, I''d advise you to go and check Polycount. They have a tutorial on how to create VWep (visible weapons) models. Maybe this would be of any help to you ? OR maybe just browse through their other articles and links. I am sure you''ll find something there ... this place is the Mekka of FPS models

Good luck !

-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Actually, I was asking about the structure of the file(I''m writing a loader, I can''t model worth poo.) But I found the answers I was looking for in that tutorial anyway. Thanks a bunch

Jonathan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement