Welcome

Started by
30 comments, last by Nurgle 24 years ago
Welcome to tthe Linux Game development forum, for discussion of anything involving Linux game development, be it SVGAlib, X, DGA, sound, input, kernel joystick drivers... (just how *do* you use a PSX joystick on a PC?)

Also, any idle Linux chat is more than welcome...

No flaming (unless 100% justified, and only flames from me) is permitted.

Have a nice stay, and LINUX FOR-EVA!

------------------
Mark Collnis
- EHB Software

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Advertisement
Windoze Rulez ( Just kidding guys...don''t take it seriously )

------------------------
Captured Reality
Ok, this may sound incredibly newbie, but I have to ask. Is X programming hard to learn? And how do I get started (documentation, web resources, ...)? Me and some friends are planning to produce a little online RPG and I''d like to have a graphical Linux client. As it looks now, the server will be running on Linux while the client is written for Windows/DirectX.

---
ls -lR|rm -rf /
(Best compression everywhere. Kids, don''t try this as root.)
Epp.

Xlib is a pain in the ass to learn. Use SDL (www.libsdl.org)... it''s kinda like DirectX only better... and it''s crossplatform, so you could write the whole thing in it (both Winblows and Linsucks versions)

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

a clap for me everybody

didn''t anyone wonder how come godfree is saying welcom now?

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
Well, the fact that the orignal post was made nearly a YEAR ago says it all, really...

(btw, !)

I just thought it would be funny to dig this mummy up and then delete my message. then everyone would think that godfree is outta his mind kidding btw

btw, do linux programmers eat pizza more that normal ppl?

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***
Pizza? Asian food is ways more appropriate!

---
ls -lR|rm -rf /
(Best compression everywhere. Kids, don''t try this as root.)
pizza gooooooood
(i''ve had pizza every day so far this week)

godfree: i coulda guessed

so how bout that discussion about the pizza rain? wanna explain your idea for the linux guys?

----------------
- Pouya / FOO!!!
***CENSORED***

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement