🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Learning to create Art - by Riuthamus

Started by
57 comments, last by zizulot 6 years, 7 months ago

I will be honest, the only real use I have ever had for lines (perhaps I subconsciously already do it, so that is something I will put some time into researching) is with Concept + Cartoon style of work. Very rarely do you ever focus on the lines for anything else. In fact, if you get a solid background on the lines and go into working without lines you have a hard time letting go of that black border! :) Which is why I wanted to come at this training from a different perspective. You are correct that lines are very important and maybe I will put some effort into explaining why. Thanks for the comments.

Advertisement

Okay, good news for those of you who still care. I closed on my house (meaning I own it now) and have setup the mancave. I will be posting videos again starting this week!

Finished recording late last night, I am processing the video and should have it posted shortly. Thanks again for being patient with me. Sometimes life just takes all the fun out of things!

Updated with the newest tutorial. I have another one im posting shortly.

You definitely have the tutorial part down, the video was quick, informative and professional. Very interesting to watch.

The content was also great, after watching I spend almost a hour just drawing shadow men and inventing back stories for them. With the things shown in these videos a person could now easily create art for a game like "A shadow's tale", OK maybe not but at least something similar.

In all 4.75 out of 5. Slight penalty for the wait, but I understand how busy a artist life can suddenly be so only a 0.25.

it wasnt bad. I like the second video with the frog the best. It looks like a nice camera setup anyway. Video is very clear and everything.

The next one I am uploading will be focused on using all of the techniques together, but explaining perspective and how it actually works. The idea is to provide one lesson that introduces the idea, and the second lesson that builds on it and gives more detail. That is the format.

any updates?

Hm.. i wasnt aware people were still looking at them. After the initial drop off most people lost interest. I will upload the next one. I had it done just didnt upload it since it seemed interest dropped off! :)

Well, Atleast two people are interested :)

Been enjoying them!

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement