🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need feedback for game introduction video II

Started by
20 comments, last by Kai Keeper 6 years, 2 months ago

Yeah, looking back, working as a one man show is not so good for me, don't get me wrong, I really love developing games but I need to do so much other stuff that I don't like/not good at. From a economical standpoint it's really dumb, I could just be doing a full time job and work on the programming/design part of my game, and have professionals to do the visual/music art and trailers/marketing/legal for me(okay I also like 3d modeling/texturing but still I'm nowhere good), saves the time that I need to learn those things( You're losing value when you are learning other things). Like if I invest all my time into programming(which is my part-time day job), I could hire someone with the money I make to spend 1:1 time(hopefully) that has focused as much as I did on programming, and I get the result instantly, instead of wasting valuable time learning those parts myself. Well to be fair, I did have a blast learning 3d modeling, but let's be honest, it's not pro, not even close lol. And on top of that I wasted time, I could have a huge bank by now to do marketing if I started out doing a full time job and outsourcing...instead now I'm looking behind my back worrying about my next meal :P well it's not that bad but still it would be better to have spare money to buy new socks...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement