🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Engine design

Started by
-1 comments, last by Mezz 24 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I''m not sure this is in the right area of the message boeard... but.... I''m hunting around for ideas on a map and model system for a 3d RTS, for the maps I was thinking of using very small tiles, but this would pose problems when applying textures and also that many properties would take up much memory. I do want accuracy and speed, and I also want ease of making, so you could just raise tiles in the map editor with a click, the texture would deform to suit it, and so would surrounding tiles if need be. Any ideas here would be appreciated For the models, I was thinking of something in-line with Q3, simplified for obvious reasons but seperate body parts is the main thing I''m interested in - I don''t have much experience with the model/animation system side of things so any help here would be appreciated also. Regards, -Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement