Advertisement

X-Windows Display Problem

Started by February 15, 2002 11:13 PM
2 comments, last by FX 22 years, 7 months ago
This might not be the right place to post this but since this is a unix related problem in some way I thought id give it a try ... Im trying to connect to a server using starnet''s X-Win32 v5.2.2 build 3 remotely. I was successfull once about 2 weeks ago and now i am unable to connect, i keep receiving a error as follows .. "XDMCP: Session failed: Session 13 failed for display 1.1.1.1:0: Cannot open display" ... where 1.1.1.1 is my ip address now the remote system still has everything enabled and functioning because i know of others that are able to connect fine without any problems and they have never received this error. I tried their settings numerous times and I tried every other possible combination of settings in X-Win32 but i keep getting this error message. On the Unix system in the error logs there is the error message that says Fri Feb 15 23:59:30 2002 error (pid 16851): Hung in XOpenDisplay(1.1.1.1:0) attempt #0, aborting. Fri Feb 15 23:59:30 2002 error (pid 16851): Server open attempt #0 failed for 1.1.1.1:0, giving up I cannot find any help on this issue anywhere, starnet website provides no help on this and neither could i find any docs regarding this problem. If anyone is fimiliar with X-windows and this particular problem or any docs regarding this issue I would greatly appriciate it.
The "Cannot open display error" message means it couldn''t find a proper X windows display to talk to on the local machine. X-Win32 isn''t making the display available to the server, or at all.
Advertisement
any ideas on how to fix this ?
Well luckily i got this thing to finally work, after about 15hours of working on this problem heh ...

it turned out to be my ip ... and the OS variable along with the DISPLAY variable on the Solaris box from what i gather.

you guys can now disregard the post

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement