🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

a notice for beginner artists.

Started by
24 comments, last by aegrimonia 23 years, 7 months ago
Well done. You got your link working. Cool site too. Domain not fully processed yet? After seeing it I realized you had emailed me about 2 weeks ago asking if there was anything you could help with. Did you get the reply? Were you interested in the project? or maybe future projects? I''d be willing to program any good game idea after the current is completed. You can bring a friend along too.

I see you got yourself your own project on the site. How far along are you beyond the DX wrapper? Does your team already have the ability to complete the project? If so, then good luck to ya. If not, you''re all welcome to gain some experience on the team I have put together, working on several game projects (both 2D and 3D).

just offering something promising

If you''d like to give a test version a spin, just say. It was updated just yesterday with several new features.

Carl "trixter"[email=carl@trixoft.com]carl@trixoft.com[/email]http://www.trixoft.com
Advertisement
Mr Cup... yep, Adobe is the big dog in the market for 2d graphics editing. However, PSP and Corel are powerful tools and use the same concepts. So learning anyone of them will help greatly when learning the others. I''d say going with a trial version and/or low cost software is good for a starting artist. Then once you get your hands dirty, a purchase like PS can be considered. Well, I suppose you can just shell out the bucks for PS from the start too.

I agree with Corel being the bottom of the 3 for me, but that''s mostly because I like to use what I am most familiar with, while learning the others gradually. It''s usually better to be great with 1 than ok with 3 anyhow.

Carl "trixter"[email=carl@trixoft.com]carl@trixoft.com[/email]http://www.trixoft.com
I''ve read the thread and it seems to me that all of this is just an argument about who''s better.
I''m wondering what all of this has to do with game design...
Danias, all of this? What would all of this be?

Are you trying to say you are better?

that''s true danias.. and it''s unfortunate.. because that wasn''t the purpose of the original message..

I agree with Mr. Cup on the Adobe issue. If you want to get a job in the industry then you have to know Photoshop.

Now the personal opinion: I worked with Corel photopaint for a while but then I switched to photoshop.. .I´ve looked at the recent Corel package but i just couldn´t go back....

But if you´re a beginner anything will do, preferably Paint Shop pro or some Corel package ($20 ! - damned if i don´t). YOu can always try out photoshop later, it is a hell of a lot of money..
Those programs on Ebay are illegal.

If you don''t mind using illegal programs than just search the web and get it for free.

(OR buy it. )
Could you perhaps elaborate that?

I thought private-to-private resale was ok?
How is that illegal?
The painter program I bought on Ebay came from a store that was making room for the newer version, so it wasn''t even a re-sell, it was brand new merchandise.
I did not say that ALL those programs are illegal..

But don''t you think it''s a little strange that you can get CorelDraw 7 for $20 ?

private-to-private is ok, but if the guy who sells the program does it 10 other times it''s not private-to-private anymore.. (ever heard of burning your own cd''s? )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement