🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

a notice for beginner artists.

Started by
24 comments, last by aegrimonia 23 years, 7 months ago
$20 for corel draw 7 isn''t unreasonable..
considering you can get 8 for $50 in a lot of places..

it claims to be a legal version.. all of them do.. officially shrink wrapped, etc..

if they are fakes, press charges on the guy.. i was just trying to save some newbies some money and point them in the right direction, that''s all..

you an argue about the validity of the software all you want.. but AGAIN.. that''s not the purpose of the post.
Advertisement
Sorry, I''ll keep my mouth shut next time...
As will I.

As Mr Cup always says,
''''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''''
As Mr Cup always says,''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''
Actually I believe richardve is correct about them being illegal.
They *could* be actual bought copies but apparently you''re not allowed to resell them. One of my friend''s dad wanted to get a corel product because a store had gone bankrupt so they were selling the products on ebay and had to cancel the auction because corel got on their back. I don''t think all companies have this policy but I''m 90% sure it was a corel product he wanted so it might be worth just reading the terms and conditions of the product just to see if it''s legit or not.
Actually I believe richardve is correct about them being illegal.
They *could* be actual bought copies but apparently you''re not allowed to resell them. One of my friend''s dad wanted to get a corel product because a store had gone bankrupt so they were selling the products on ebay and had to cancel the auction because corel got on their back. I don''t think all companies have this policy but I''m 90% sure it was a corel product he wanted so it might be worth just reading the terms and conditions of the product just to see if it''s legit or not.
You know I often hear that you need to know photoshop to get a job, but that''s just crap. Yes, all the big companies say you need photoshop experience, but they *will* accept photo-paint and painter and probably any other capable paint program that supports the psd file format. lots of big (and small) studios in both game development and film have people that use corel products. When it comes down to it, photoshop is not any better than photo-paint. There are a features in photo-paint that are better than photoshop and there are features in photoshop that are better than photo-paint. Any worthwhile company you try to get a job at will know this and won''t give a rat''s ass if you use Photo-Paint instead of Photoshop.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement