🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Landfishian Literature

Started by
39 comments, last by SonicSilcion 23 years, 11 months ago
What, you mean the fish who can walk upon the land has access to more food, hence is more likely to survive than fish who cannot walk upon the land? Perhaps. Or maybe I just like being all mysterious and referring to myself in 3rd person.
Advertisement
The next time I see a fish on land, I''ll harpoon it.

Anyone read "Moby Dick" recently? Interesting story, but I still prefer "Sesame Street".

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139
quote:
I felt that some people weren''t REALLY reading the posts I was making, instead choosing to opposed them without understanding them... all because of the wieght that the word "landfish" has started to carry around here

Hmm, I feel somewhat responsible.

I know a couple of times I did oppose you just for the sake of opposing the landfish. Although, in defense of myself, I *did* read the posts, and I only argued because I was trying to create some interesting discussion besides "wow, great ideas!" .

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
Senshi, devil''s advocacy isn''t what I''m talking about. I knew you understood. I''m not doing this because I''m pissed, just because I think it might work... =)
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
quote: Original post by Fish of Land

What, you mean the fish who can walk upon the land has access to more food, hence is more likely to survive than fish who cannot walk upon the land? Perhaps. Or maybe I just like being all mysterious and referring to myself in 3rd person.

No, no...It's just my idea that nature has a way of naturally balancing the world to control people who don't bother to think for themselves...

My best example is organized religion but I don't want to get into that here...could get ugly

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

Edited by - Nazrix on July 9, 2000 1:35:59 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Hey, I''m offended by the idea that you won''t slandwer organized religion! Now you can''t win! Muhuhahaha!
Okay...what the hell, eh?

I once told a friend when we were discussing whether we thought about the way organized religion causes people to make moral choices (you know, like not stealing etc)

I said that I thought that the people who blindly believe in anything an organized religion says, are the people that are thoughtless enough to be dangerous. So, if organized religion keeps those people in line, then that's better for society...but I still think people follow religion blindly too often...

See? It's like a natural law...

I'm not saying everyone who is an avid believer in a particular religion falls under this category, but enough people do...

Okay, I know I've offended someone (or everyone), and I apologize in advance, but Landf...I mean Anon. made me do it...

Edited by - Nazrix on July 9, 2000 4:27:07 PM
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
So, here''s a question... oh, crap, what forum are we in? Landfishian Literature? Well, I guess this IS on topic in a bizzarre kind of way...

What would happen if you had no monsters in a fantasy setting? =) (Or maybe one or two REALLY CRAZY ones, the stuff legends get made out of... but they only come through once every year or so...)

I''m commandeering this post, since nothing else is being discussed! Go!
quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
So, here''s a question... oh, crap, what forum are we in? Landfishian Literature? Well, I guess this IS on topic in a bizzarre kind of way...

What would happen if you had no monsters in a fantasy setting? =) (Or maybe one or two REALLY CRAZY ones, the stuff legends get made out of... but they only come through once every year or so...)

I''m commandeering this post, since nothing else is being discussed! Go!
Hmm, kind of sounds like "The Once and Future King." It''s been a while, but the only monster I can remember is a Griffin, and there was only one.

quote: Original post by Chicken of the Sea

So, here's a question... oh, crap, what forum are we in? Landfishian Literature? Well, I guess this IS on topic in a
What would happen if you had no monsters in a fantasy setting? bizzarre kind of way...
=) (Or maybe one or two REALLY CRAZY ones, the stuff legends get made out of... but they only come through once every year or so...)

I'm commandeering this post, since nothing else is being discussed! Go!

No monsters? I think that would really work. The best way to make something more intense is to make it rare and powerful. Same w/ death...make it rare & powerful. The same w/ magic...etc...

As long as there are plenty of other things to do (and I'm sure there shall be), it's a great idea.

Another note: I think a nice feature I have seen on MUDs is to make it so players don't automatically know each other's names unless they're high in society perhaps...until they introduce themselves...

That sort of thing induces role-playing between players...at least helps anyway...

Edited by - Nazrix on July 10, 2000 4:51:25 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement